Allergies and Dietary Requirements– depending on the dishes that you learn to cook, my food can contain one or more of the following allergens; crustaceans, eggs, fish, milk, molluscs, cereals containing gluten, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, soya. Please inform me if you have any allergies or special dietary requirements when you book your course. Because of the nut content in many Thai foods and sauces we are unable to tailor our Thai cooking lessons for people with nut allergies
Health & Safety
- All participants should wear shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes. We recommend wearing sensible clothing and we are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing. Long hair must be tied back in the kitchen.
- All participants are responsible for any food taken home. Please ensure that it is stored securely in a fridge below 5°C within one or two hours. Eat within two days and ensure it is steaming hot throughout
- Knife safety – use your knife safely to prevent serious injuries. When picking up a knife, make sure you aren’t holding anything else or are distracted
- Please wash your hands on arrival
- Bean sprouts – need to be cooked thoroughly before eating, they should be steaming hot throughout. Please note that we can sometimes use bean sprouts that according to the packaging should not be reheated.
Terms and Conditions – Cancellation & Changing the Date of your Lesson
This policy applies to My Thai Kitchen cooking lessons and the purchase and redeeming of gift vouchers. Nothing in our cancellation policy affects your statutory rights. Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Changing the Date of your Lesson
Group Lessons – Please note you can change the date of your cooking course up to 3 weeks before the lesson. Less than 3 weeks before the lesson you can transfer your course to friends or family or I can contact my waiting list. If we are unable to fill your place/s 48 hours before the lesson then your place/s will be cancelled and you shall receive no refund. Please ensure you have adequate insurance to cover your cancellation for any reasons, for example bereavement, bad weather, transport delays or cancellations, illness (personal or family) or surgery.
Private Lessons – you can change the date of your cooking course up to 1 week before the lesson. If you wish to change the date less than 1 week before the lesson, please contact me but if I have already started preparation for the lesson, there could be a re-booking fee up to 50% of the lesson. Please ensure you have adequate insurance to cover your cancellation for any reasons, for example bereavement, bad weather, transport delays or cancellations, illness (personal or family) or surgery.
Your Consumer Right of Cancellation
Gift Vouchers – after you receive an order confirmation for a gift voucher you have a 14 day legal cancellation period. After the 14 days you can not cancel your voucher and claim a refund.
Cooking Lessons – our cooking lessons are held on specific dates and the consumer right of cancellation does not apply, you can not cancel any lesson and obtain a refund. You can transfer your booking to another person or to another lesson as long as it is within the time frame set out above.
Our Rights of Cancellation – we reserve the right to cancel any lesson and will provide a full refund or an alternative lesson date but we are not liable for any additional costs such as transport or accommodation.